Assistant Designer, Activewear
TYR Sport, Inc.
December 13, 2017
Be a part of our winning team! TYR’s Assistant Designer will have a clear understanding of the swim and active markets, along with knowledge of the functional construction and technology of activewear.
The Assistant Designer will assist with product objectives and will work within the full design lifecycle, from initial concept through development up to final production sample approval.
TYR Sport is a leading edge sports performance apparel manufacturer and proud sponsor of many elite professional triathletes and competitive swimmers.
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, portfolio and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an on-site position, based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please consider the commute to our Long Island location prior to applying.
• CAD or hand sketch designer’s concepts for initial board presentations
• Create design tech packs for new style development
• Flat sketch adopted styles in Illustrator program
• Mock up preliminary line sheets for meetings
• Research trends, trims and fabrics for developments as directed by the designer
• Support work during meeting: set up initial line sheets, dress models, hang samples, make copies of line sheets, run errands, etc.
• Work with pattern makers and product managers under designer’s supervision and have garments sewn and organized for meetings
• Research market competitors, industry trends and trade shows for new materials, colors and design trends
• Digitally photograph and catalogue style changes, approved deliveries, and special make-ups as directed
• Must be MAC proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign
• Detail oriented; Ability to easily switch gears and take direction
• Strong organizational and follow up skills
• Must be able to illustrate fashion figures and flat sketch
• Sense of urgency and intuitive sense of priorities
• Experience with missy, junior and designer swimwear or performance wear.
• Strong sewing and pattern making background a plus
• Bachelor’s Degree in fashion design
• 3-5 years design experience in the sport apparel or fashion industry
Please apply with your resume, cover letter, portfolio and salary requirement to email@example.com. Job ID to reference TYADfn.
This position is based in Farmingdale, NY, on Long Island. Please only apply if you are able to commute to our Long Island location.
At TYR, we’re more than a community, we’re a team–and our team loves a good perk. In addition to convenient LIRR shuttle service to and from the Farmingdale train station, TYR Sport offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits and a matching 401k plan.
Our collaborative work atmosphere provides an innovative environment for professional growth and is teeming with the best combination of both athletic and creative talent. Companywide we promote a neat, yet relaxed dress code. Not only does every employee receive a yearly apparel voucher, but we also score discounts on all TYR products. What can we say… we love to sport our gear both in and out of the office!
As a brand we are dedicated to helping people lead healthy and active lives, and our employees are no exception. At TYR we each enjoy earned paid time off, as well as summer Fridays! In order to remain “Always in Front” we believe in the importance of proper work life balance.
Named for TYR, the Norse god of warriors, our company is committed to cultivating a culture of greatness, both in and out of the water. Through vision, pursuit and American ingenuity, we have become a brand synonymous with the athlete.
Like all athletes we work with an intense spirit of competition, but unlike the others, we refuse to stop there. From the planning stages to the production floor, everything we do revolves around synthesizing creativity, experience and sheer will power. For us, engineering the fastest, most advanced performance products is more than just a goal, it’s a requirement.
At TYR, we’re always in front.
Founded in Huntington Beach, CA by swimwear designer Joseph DiLorenzo (current owner) and 1972 Olympic Bronze Medalist Steve Furniss, TYR Sport was established in 1985 to provide the competitive swim market with vibrant, performance-driven prints. Since its inception three decades ago, TYR has grown to exist as one of the world’s most recognizable swimming and triathlon brands.
With global distributors and an international following, TYR remains dedicated to building the industry’s most durable, uniquely designed swimsuits, cutting edge equipment and innovative caps and goggles. On a relentless path to push the limits of sportswear we not only reimagine technologies for enhanced competitive performance, but also embrace lifestyle markets to accommodate athletes and water enthusiasts at every level.