Fashion Production Assistant
Jersey City, US
December 5, 2017
Vashni Tekoa is an independent luxury brand originally cultivated in the South. It’s recent relocation to the East Coast has allowed it to blend its sweet feminine aesthetic with the edgy chic vibes of New York style. Vashni Tekoa celebrates individuality and empowers confident self-expression by offering both ready-to-wear items and inviting customers to create one-of-a-kind handcrafted pieces.
Currently entering our busiest season, we are looking for a dedicated individual to join our production team and assist with production. The perfect candidate would be dedicated with the following characteristics.
- Strong Sewing and garment construction skills
- Strong initiative and good judgment
- Strong interpersonal skills, dependability & communication skills
- Attention to detail and prioritization
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently but also partner as a team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and
perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
- Position involves sitting as well as walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Create garments from start to finish with little to no supervision
Attend and conduct client consultations
Prepare for and attend production fittings
Assist with photoshoots
Pick up and drop off in the garment district
This internship is Un-Paid but can lead to a paid position very quickly with the right candidate.
Fashion Students Welcome!
Location is based in Jersey City, a quick commute from Lower Manhattan via the Path Train.
Send Resume and Portfolio for consideration