Garment Tech - Quality Controller
October 6, 2017
Award winning Fashionizer- Couture Uniforms based in West London is looking for a garment technologist – quality controller to join the team. This role includes co-ordinating all aspects of garment sampling and production of all garments with manufacturers to ensure all garments are of a high standard. This is a demanding and busy role working with a large variety of garments both menswear & ladieswear produced in Europe. Attention to detail and good time management are essential.
We are looking for a Fashion or Clothing Technology graduate with at least 2 years’ working experience in a high end fashion environment with European production and the following skills:
• TAILORING GARMENT CONSTRUCTION KNOWLEDGE
• NUMERATE WITH GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF EXCEL
• PATTERN CUTTING & GRADING KNOWLEDGE
• ABLE TO DRAW UP DETAILED GARMENT SPECIFICATIONS
• EXPERIENCE OF QUALITY CONTROL OF HIGH END GARMENTS
• EXPERIENCE AND UNDERSTANDING OF GARMENT COSTING & LAY PLANNING
• GOOD COMMUNICATION SKILLS – VERBAL AND WRITTEN
• EXCELLENT ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR AND PHOTOSHOP KNOWLEDGE
• ORGANISED AND TIDY WITH ABILITY TO PAY ATTENTION TO DETAIL
• ABILITY TO MULTI-TASK AND WORK UNDER PRESSURE
• EXPERIENCE IN WORKING TO A CRITICAL PATH AND SET DEADLINES.
• CONFIDENT IN WORKING INDEPENDENTLY AS WELL AS PART OF A TEAM
• GENERAL GOOD COMPUTER SKILLS WITH SOME DATABASE EXPERIENCE
Key Tasks and Responsibilities include:
• Creation of Specification sheets
• Creating specification details, bill of materials on our ERP system.
• Checking of patterns and troubleshooting production issues
• Emailing or preparation of patterns to be emailed for production
• Measuring and fitting of staff on site.
• The creation of technical packs including measurement sheets for quality control
• Inputting information on production database.
• Quality control of samples and feedback to factories
• Quality control of production and trouble shooting.
• Liaising with Design & Production teams – regarding time management
• Communicating with Fashionizer account managers regarding product development.
• Responsibility for overseeing design assistant/intern.
• Salary 24K per annum
• 22 days holiday + public holidays.
• Working hours – normally 9.30 – 18.00
• Great work environment and kitchen facilities on site
• Opportunities for personal development.
The daily activities are varied so applicants must be adaptable and enjoy working in a dynamic environment.